Founder and Managing Partner at Kallion. Laboratory and operational excellence enthusiast; certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. My objective: supporting our customers on their journey to operational excellence!
I have been working in the laboratory business for more than 9 years. After a couple of years in consulting, I joined Eurofins, the world leader in laboratory testing in 2014 (CAC40 company, 55,000+ employees in 54 countries). During my career at Eurofins I successively envisioned, implemented and staffed two cross-functional departments of the company: the operational excellence department (15+ internal consultants); and the group processes transformation and digitalisation department (40+ internal consultant, IT development professionals and data management operators).
I initiated and drove large scale programs across the Eurofins group:
- Generation of >50M€ savings through identification and deployment of best practices (standard times, automation, equipment)
- Operational performance measurement and associated budgeting (10 key indicators for over 300 business units); deployment of a global costing model
- Training of Eurofins executives in operational excellence methodologies
- Complete redesign, development and go-live of an internally developed master data solution for group structure and corporate governance
- Streamlining of employee lifecycle management process
- Data strategy definition for group processes management
Early 2022, I created Kallion, to promote operational excellence in the laboratory world and to provide a holistic approach and ecosystem to support laboratories in their operational excellence journey. Through Kallion, I am leveraging my unique experience to bring immediate value to my customers.
I hold an MSc in Applied Mathematics and Operational Management from Ecole Centrale Paris and an MSc in Management from Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris. I am a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from the International Lean Six Sigma Institute (ILSSI).
“I am motivated, results-oriented and passionate about everything related to life sciences, technology and operational excellence. I believe that all approaches must remain human-centred to ensure long-term, sustainable improvement that benefits everyone. Working with me is simple and fluid, I like to go the extra mile for my clients and partners. I am easy going and always curious about others to build lasting working relationships.”
Managing Partner at Kallion. Operational excellence specialist accross multiple sectors with more than 15 years of global experience. My objective: Spread to true spirit of operational excellence and have some fun along the way.
I have spent close to 10 years working as engineer and local & global change leader for ArcelorMittal.
- Performed comprehensive site diagnostics to determine areas for improvement. Roled out multi-departmental business improvement / change management projects across various international locations.
- Coordinated the redesign and ultimate implementation of maintenance philosophies and strategies.
- Roll-out of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) training and philosophies.
- Redesigned ArcelorMittal’s continuous improvement training and trained >700 staff members worldwide.
Subsequently I have spent almost 10 years as part of the Eurofins group (55,000 employees active in 54 countries). First as a member of the group’s central Lean team, later as group Lean manager and later as Operational Director for one of the business lines in The Netherlands.
- Best practices identification and operational excellence deployment leading to >180 M€ savings;
- Creation of the Eurofins Lean (later Operational Excellence) academy. Training more than 3,200 staff members and managers world-wide.
- Consulted on more than 80 Lab design projects across multiple business lines.
- Coached more than 200 local change leaders and managers through operational excellence projects.
- Managed various analytical labs with 30 direct and 250 indirect reports as well as P&L responsibility for €65m annual revenue.
I joined Kallion as managing partner in 2023.
I hold Bachelor’s degrees in Metallurgical Engineering and Environmental Engineering from The University of Pretoria.
Kallion SRL is registered at the Belgian Crossroad for Enterprises
Managing Director: Nicolas Rousselet
VAT: BE 0784.520.558
Kallion Services is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce
Managing Director: Eduard Ras